Uno de los problemas que tengo actualmente son los pings altos con izzi. Si bien no es un problema que afecte el servicio, si puede ser bastante molesto. En especial cuando alguien se decide a ver netflix o videos de youtube.
A estas alturas del partido, ya no es novedad lo muy importante que es tener un muy buen SEO. Lo que si aún andaba un poco debajo de mi radar era el schema.org, en especial porque no le había dedicado tiempo suficiente.
Claro, una cosa es el SEO y otra el sistema schema.org. En el caso del primero, se rige básicamente bajo un principio: El contenido es rey.
(Esta entrada fue re-escrita para ser actualizada, más clara y concisa)
A finales de 2016 tuvimos que hacer el cambio de Telmex a IZZI. No voy a mentir, en verdad que tenía muchos temores sobre como pudiera ser el servicio.
En especial por el gran número de reseñas y comentarios negativos, para este servicio, que te puedes encontrar en la internet. El más llamativo de todos, es el límite de los 100GB por mes.
UPDATE: You can have a peek at Gutenberg now thanks to a plugging that was published in the WordPress repository. Be aware, it is not recommended to be installed on production sites yet.
Gutenberg is going to be the new editor for WordPress. Something I was not aware of until I was lurking some at articles archives while killing some time.
If you did not know it, half of the internet is overrun by bots.
Most of them are very useful like the GoogleBot, crawlers, and spiders. But others are not so good and usually end up showing when you do not want to.
I “recently” have been doing all sort of tests, attunements, and changes. This with the objective to make the website much more resilient to attacks and solve problems that were left unchecked from the past iteration as mentioned before.
Since this past Monday, there has been all sort of connectivity issues at my end. And at least I can’t really tell who is guilty of this things.
First, random websites started to take a whole lot to load, including the ones I am working with. Then while playing late I started to notice a lot of issues related to connectivity (and at Destiny, getting a lot of baboon messages).
To the point to make things really annoying.
I was completely unaware of a feature that has been around for quite a while… one that is key for everyone and that is present in cPanel… it is the ability to have Secure Websites easily.
Back at the day when I was much more active web-wisely, having SSL or HTTPs was… painful at best, if not really expensive.
Today, while I was lurking and figuring out how to implement a nice online poll for something that is going on… I stumbled upon that.
Making a really long history short, I basically was messing up with a service called ” Let’s Encrypt™” that comes embedded with cPanel. It was interesting that I could now offer secure content quite easily and without having to spend a bunch of extra bucks… what is good.
Of course, this only means that the communications between this server and you are secure… but is a nice step forward. Eventually, maybe I’ll have my hands over a private key or something, but that is a tale for another day.
Sadly for me, not all was that easy to set up in what seemed easy: Just change http to https.
Given the setup I have set here (Internet -> Cloudflare -> Private Server), WordPress started to fall into an “infinite redirection loop”, and I pretty much clueless about it.
If I visited the website, without changing WP to use https instead of http, I saw half the stuff… but if I told WP to use https… it did fall into an infinite loop.
Of course, I was looking into websites like this one for answers… somewhere “promising”, but at the end, only one thing or another worked out.
I was almost to give up when I finally found some light at the official WP codex, and I was surprised how much little I needed to add to fix such thing.
For the looks of it… apparently, my WP install got confused when I changed the settings and saw CloudFlare and kept trying to fix the issue, just making it worst…
But now things are much better, and kind of force SSL one way or another. What I have implemented in the other project I was messing with… and as long I do not have some kind of weird “warning”, I will be a happy skonk (yeah, guess that one why).